Dear Friends and Families of Bayview Family Dental,
WE ARE OPEN!
Aurora and York Region are in Lockdown, but Dentists are considered Essential Services!
We at Bayview Family Dental have met all updated safety requirements from the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario (RCDSO) guidelines released on Sunday May 31, 2020 to provide a safe environment to begin seeing our patients for in-person emergency and urgent care IN ADDITION to deferred non-essential, and elective services (i.e. Hygiene, Fillings, Implants).
There is still a pandemic happening and we’re taking extra precautions to ensure everyone’s protection against the spread of COVID-19. There is still a shortage of personal protective equipment (PPE) and you can expect some changes to the office when you come in.
Day Before Your Appointment
● All patients will be called a day before your appointment to PRE-Screen for Covid-19 symptoms.
● We ask that you bring a mask to your dental appointment
● ONLY scheduled patients will be allowed entry into the office.
**Parents and other family members will be asked to wait outside whenever possible.
Upon Your Arrival at the Office
● If possible, please wait in your car or outside the office until your scheduled appointment time.
● The office will call or text you when we are ready to do your screening
● We will SCREEN for COVID-19 symptoms and review BEFORE entering the office.
● When entering the office, patients are to SANITIZE their hands using 70-90% alcohol-based hand rub.
● We will be taking your TEMPERATURE.
● Complete a CONSENT form acknowledging the risk of COVID-19.
● The waiting area chairs will be spaced apart to allow for 6 feet of distancing.
● We will ask that you continue to practice social distancing measures
in common areas of the office at all times.
● The public areas, including restrooms, will be cleaned and sterilized frequently throughout the day.
● There will be no physical contact with patients with the exception of treatment.
○ Note – Any patients showing signs of a fever or other symptoms of illness will be asked to reschedule their appointment.
● All rooms will be COMPLETELY sterilized before each patient is seated.
● Our team will STRICTLY follow guidelines set forth by Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario (RCDSO), public health and our dental governing bodies.
● The dental team has all needed personal protective equipment
● During patient care, appropriate masks, face shields and gloves will
be worn by everyone and changed between patients
● All surfaces that came in contact with the patient will be wiped with disinfectant, including the patient chair and the accessory chair where the patient placed their personal items.
Checking Out After Your Appointment
● Clear PLEXIGLASS panels will be in place at the front desk to protect against sneeze droplets.
● After every transaction, the checkout desk and glass will be wiped with a disinfectant.
● We will offer credit or debit payment upon completion in consultation office.
As our office can now SAFELY OPEN for non-elective emergency and urgent care, in addition to elective services such as hygiene and fillings, we will contact you to schedule an appointment.
Please be patient as we are still prioritizing patients in order of urgency due to limited supply of PPE. The safety of our staff and patients is our PRIORITY.
Please stay safe and we look forward to seeing you again!
Dr. Erwin Chan and the Team at Bayview Family Dental,
15380 Bayview Ave. Unit A2
Aurora, ON 905 841 0341
We are accepting New & Emergency patients and welcome referrals.